Thursday, April 30, 2009

The City, The Last Meal & Many Millions

So, The Hills' Whitney Port spinoff The City shuddered to an appropriately mediocre conclusion on Sunday although you'd be forgiven for not really noticing. In fact, I missed a couple of episodes but it didn't really matter as every week the only thing that changed was the outfits.

Ep.#?? breakdown as follows:

Whitney doubts Jay, Jay does something suspicious, Whitney debates at length what to do with weird interchangeable body/same personality friend, Jay does something insensitive, Jay proudly polishes chip on his shoulder, Jay talks to Adam in bar about women in vaguely misogynistic manner [implied undertone 'let's lose these bitches and just be happy together bro'], Adam does something caddish, Allie finds out through meddling of forcibly implemented girl gang, Adam uses supernaturally good looks and weasly charm to win her back, MEANWHILE ELSEWHERE Whitney tries to talk to "New York Socialite" work colleague Olivia who says something condescending, glares and wobbles off fawn-like to bite the heads off babies (or something), at which point Whitney rolls her eyes, sighs and waits for our heroine Kelly Cutrone to come and rescue her with a molotov spike-heeled stiletto assault. Roll credits.

Which is the ending we deserved. Kelly Cutrone may have been clumsily written/edited but she was the saviour of a show which struggled to find any points of interest in any of the main characters (as Olivia would have said 'mmmhhyaaaaah jahst too mahtchy mahtchy'). If reports from NY are to be believed, Whit has quit (DVF anyway) and has returned to People's Revolution Hurrah Hurrah.

***

Tonight I had my Death Row style Last Meal in anticipation of the hardcore body punishment that is coming my way as I prepare myself to run more than 26 miles in the NY marathon. I gave up smoking and drinking earlier in the year and was looking for an activity that involved neither and would also lead to achieving something. For my sins this is it. Am sure there'll be plenty of updates over the months and photographs of my sweaty pain for you to laugh at so check back regularly and follow me on Twitter (use link on the right to do this).

For the record, the Last Meal was a Cashel Blue Cheeseburger, Fries and a nice chunk of Banoffee Pie. Farewell my friends - enjoy that big ole party you're having with my alcohol and cigarettes.

***

Lotto fever is taking me over. Tomorrow I have a one in a really vast lot chance of becoming richer than Enya or Sharon Osborne (randoms plucked from the UK/Ireland wealth index) in an instant. The jackpot is 89mGBP, 100mEUR and 132mUSD - more than even I could spend on weird artwork, AC/DC picture discs and quirky stationery items.

But still - if that money were to come my way I have a list of projects in my head to donate to. In addition to the worthy friends and family windfalls, I have a mental note too of individuals I've encountered in my life who are sensationally talented who I'd love to work with in some way. Who knows what format that would take but it's sure to be a blast along the way.

If you don't hear from me on Saturday, I'll be on a plane somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment